Monday, May 9, 2011

Vegas-Design Inspiration
















We went on a little road trip for the weekend and were lucky enough to be able to stay at the Wynn in Las Vegas.

I was very happy to have some down time and relaxation, but the surroundings got me excited with lots of design inspiration!


My absolute favorite thing was the chrysanthemum flowers at the check in desk. I'd love to create something similar on a cake with the high shine-laquer finish.

I was disappointed that the photos didnt really do them justice.
I was also surprised to find out that they are apparently a funeral flower in Italy, so it would be in very poor taste to put them on a birthday or wedding cake in that country. Wow, you learn something every day!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, I can't even begin to tell you how inspiringall of that is! How beautiful!

SweetThingsTO said...

Very inspiring and beautiful!