Saturday, January 22, 2011

Luck? Do I need luck?



Got my jersey ready, I'm trying to have an easy day and this time tomorrow I'll be celebrating having run a half marathon! Everyone says that the Carlsbad Half Marathon is the best ever, so hopefully that is true! The weather is certainly going to be wonderful.


Wish me luck! I'm guessing it will be fine, I've done the training and the 12 mile went well, I wont be winning any medals, apart from the great one that the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society give us!


I'm running for lots of people this time, I'll be thinking about a dear friend, Skip Gleavey, I'll be thinking about a 3 year old little boy that one of my team mates is running for, and I'll be thinking of a friend of ours who has Hodgins Lymphoma and appears to be responding well to chemotherapy.