Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tiramisu Cupcakes

I'm so sad, I just didnt have enough time to get the Daring Bakers Challenge done. I guess my full time job, training for a century bike ride, and trying to raise $3000 by making cakes for friends for charity all caught up with me. There have been way too many late nights, and not enough leisure.

Thankfully I'm taking off for Australia this weekend to see my lovely family, so I'll at least get a bit of a break!

I recently made these tiramisu cupcakes, and since the Daring Bakers made a delicious tiramisu, I thought I'd share a spin on it. I'll try and revisit the challenge when I have more time, which will be soon, after March 13th when I finish my bike ride.
If you want to see real Tiramisu then check out what the other Daring Bakers got up to.

Tiramisu Cupcakes-makes 1 dozen cupcakes, or 3 dozen minis
Vanilla buttercakes
90g butter
110g sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
150g self raising flour, sifted
40ml milk
Preheat the oven to 350f
Cream the butter and sugar together, beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Stir in 1/2 the flour, then the milk, then the rest of the flour, just until combined.
Scoop into cupcake wrappers and bake for 18-20 mins until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Cool.

Kahlua syrup
50g brown sugar
100ml water
50ml kahlua
Heat sugar in water until dissolved. Add kahlua and drizzle on cupcakes.

Marscapone cream
250g Marscapone cheese
1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
1 tablespoon madeira/sherry
3/4 cup (180ml) heavy cream, whipped to medium peaks
Whisk together the cheese, sugar and madeira, then fold into the cream. Pipe onto cupcakes and shave chocolate onto them to finish

1 comment:

Carmelina B. said...

I HAVE to try to bake these. Love cupcakes.