Sunday, January 10, 2010

Plum Frangipane Tart

I recently received some plums in my CSA and they just languished in my fridge and I couldnt think what to do with them. I also had a huge tub of almond meal that I bought, thinking it would come in handy to make marzipan for christmas. Bookclub seemed the perfect occasion to make a nice tart, using some of my almond paste, and the plums.

This tart is so pretty and easy. I made the pastry the jamie oliver way, although he says to press the pastry into the tart pan, and I think it is far easier to roll it out, that way you can get it nice and thin and delicate.
This is definitely not something to be eating giant pieces of with all the butter and sugar, but is definitely a nice treat if you can make yourself just have a small piece. I found that bookclub was the perfect opportunity, since it would be shared.

Plum and Frangipane Tart

Short crust pastry crust, baked blind I used this recipe
100g Almond Paste
16g Sugar
1egg
50g Butter
20g Cake flour, sifted
6-8 plums, or 2 pears if preferred
Cream the almond paste, sugar, butter and egg, then add the flour and mix until combined. Smooth the paste on the bottom of the crust until even, then arrange slices of plums on the top.
Put foil around the crust of the tart to make sure it doesnt burn.
Bake for around 30mins at 350f until the frangipane is slightly browned.

6 comments:

Jacqueline Butler said...

Yum! And this looks amazing!

SweetThingsTO said...

Looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing - I just love plums!

Coco Cake Land said...

looks divine...! :)

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I over nice post. Specially the title attracted me to review the whole story.

caninecologne said...

hi jw - how lovely! that sounds like a good combination. i've never made a plum tart before, just an apple tart using pre-made puff pastry. i love the taste of frangipane...thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

Dharm said...

Great looking tart! Plums are hard to come by here but I do so love them!