Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wilton classes, last class of part 1

This one was a tricky one, I was really exhausted after a very busy week. The rose was the main purpose of the class and I was making a pigs ear of it. I think it made it harder that the icing was a bit too stiff so it was hard to pipe, but I was very frustrated with myself. The cake didn't look too bad as the final product, but I wished I'd done some hand exercises as training before I attended the class!

I highly recommend attending these classes at Michaels, its a total steal! I cant wait to use all the interesting techniques I learned, although I'm not sure I'll be sticking with the Wilton Crisco f
rosting!!

As
usual I bent the rules, making a delicious caramel cake with caramel frosting, which came out a creamy beige color. I colored it pink to go with the 'wilton way' and did white roses instead of the reverse.

Tina was enjoying a little rest up high away from us and andy snapped a picture. Bless!

No comments: