Tuesday, July 29, 2008

For Sher-Mushroom Balls

When I saw everyone was going to make one of Sher's recipes and post it in memory of her, I knew I wanted to partake, unfortunately I'm a little late.

These mushroom balls were totally delicious, and I'm really glad I tried them. We chowed down on them and in unison said 'these are really-mushroomy'!!!

I made some changes, I couldn't be bothered to fry them, so I baked them, hence the flat shape!
I made quite a few changes to the recipe! I didnt want to lose any of the mushroomy goodness, so I didnt strain them, I just added lots of breadcrumbs. I had goat cheese instead of feta and I fried the onion with a little garlic. They were still a bit sloppy, but I dumped spoonfuls into flour and then popped them on the sheet and baked them.

These were served with roasted courgettes and peppers and delicious low fat marinara sauce from trader joes. I love it so much I never even try to make my own.

Mushroom Balls from What did you eat?
1 lb Crimini Mushrooms
4 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
1 egg
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 onion chopped finely
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
3 oz goat cheese
Salt and pepper
olive oil
flour for dredging

Preheat oven to 375f

Fry the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until translucent. Put the bread in a food processor and blend until it forms breadcrumbs. Add the mushrooms and process until chopped finely. Add all the other stuff and pulse. Dump tablespoons of the mix into the flour, then form balls and put on a oiled baking sheet.

Cook for 20 mins, turning once.

No comments: