Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A cooks tour-Anthony Bourdain





A cooks tour seemed like the perfect companion for our recent anniversary trip to Portland. I tried to hate Mr Bourdain but he's a great writer and it was a very engaging way to while away the plane journey and associated waiting.
I must admit some of the blood and gore bits where a little bit much for me, especially being a vegetarian, but it wasnt gratuitous, it served a purpose.
I'd recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in food.
I'll also be looking out for some more of his musings, once I've got through some of the stuff I got at the cavernous Powells books. Gosh, I spent an hour there and that was just in the cooking section. I could have happily stayed all day, but poor husband was quite bored by that point!
Portland was great, I must write something about some of the top places we found there.

No comments: